Hello from Ambergris Caye, Belize!!!
We’ll be here for the next 6 weeks.
Why Belize? How did we swing 6 weeks away? Well, we found ourselves between homes – our rental lease was up but our new home isn’t finished yet. BASICALLY we are currently homeless. So instead of continuing to rent month-to-month and stay in Scottsdale, we decided to take this an an opportunity to travel and temporarily relocate. Belize is where my husband and I got engaged and we always vowed to come back with our kids. We found ourselves a beachside condo, are homeschooling our oldest to finish up her year as a 6th grader, and are now enjoying this view daily as our backyard…
I literally can’t believe it.
I can’t BELIZE it. HAD TO SAY IT!
Anyway, as any woman would do, I began to think about packing and outfits and what I was going to bring. Let me tell you, packing up for this trip was ESPECIALLY tricky because while I was packing up suitcases, I was packing everything ELSE we owned in our home for a move and putting everything into storage for the summer. Everything went smoothly and part of it I credit to our new suitcases from Away. NO JOKE, having super light, well-designed, and matching (not to mention PINK) suitcases made me just feel more put together and organized. Also, their lightness allowed me to overpack a little more and stay under the weight limits. SCORE.
I love color and this was a perfect time for me to pick up some new fun beachy updates. So what did I bring with me? (click on names for links) ::
- Pitusa Inca Abaya Dress in Coral – The first thing I bought for the trip. I had such a hard time deciding what cut and color combo to get because they have so many amazing options, but after wearing this a few times already (SO SOFT) I have the tank version and another color of this same cut in my cart for a next order!
- Target Straw Fedora with Black Sash – I bought the same one last year and loved it, and at this price I just picked up another crisp one again for this summer. I kind of have a big head and it fits really well!
- Shashi Morgan Single Bracelet in Mint – Love mint, love tassels, love color, love bracelets. Done and done.
- Old Navy Capri Sandal in Nude – I have these also in mint, black, pink, and gold. Another staple I pick up every summer.
- Sundress Venus Maxi Dress – As soon as I saw the flowy white paired with the fun tassels I knew I needed this for an dinner out on the island.
- LeSpecs The Prince Sunglasses in Matte Black – I bought these a while back and they are my favorite sunglasses EVER at a great price point.
- Sundress Indiana Short Beach Dress – pink on pink and such a fun design!
- Jane Iredale Lip Drink in Sheer SPF 15 – I’m on my third tube of this after discovering it last year. The sheer actually gives me a light pink tint which I love. I have worn almost no makeup on this trip so far but lips need sun protection, too!
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum – I got melasma during pregnancy and since then have been prone to spots and dark patches any time I’ve been in the sun. My eyelash girl raved about this so I picked it up the day before we left. We’ll see if it works, tbd!
- Shade & Shore Vacay Bandeau Top and Ruffle Bottom – Target’s new line. I never wear underwire bikini tops but I’m liking the extra structure and support. The bottoms are cut so well and super flattering.
I’ll post next on what I packed for the kids, travel essentials, and island life and recommendations too!
Off to explore …