When I first started doing gift guides 3 years ago, I started with just one : the hostess gift guide (you can find that blog post right here!) I am of the old-fashioned belief that you should never arrive to a home empty handed, so I think this is an important gift guide and I love sharing some ideas around how to make hostess gifts easy and fun.
My biggest tip is to find a few hostess gifts that speak to you, then buy a few of each so you always have them on hand – especially during the holidays but also throughout the year for last minute birthdays, teacher gifts, or dinner party invites. This guide includes several of those items I keep stocked here in my own home.
You can also use this guide for gifts for the home – for the homebody, a foodie, interior design lover, or someone who just moved into a new home!
HOME AND HOSTESS GIFTS
1. Kitchen Aid mixer – If you’re looking for a great gift for a young couple moving in to a new home or someone who loves to bake or cook, a stand mixer is always an amazing gift. But this new hobknob version (exclusive to this store) is absolutely STUNNING. I have a stainless steel one, but I wish I had this one! It comes in a white or blue base.
2. Room Spray – This is one item I stock up on not just as hostess gifts but for myself! The same beloved class of Diptyque Baies – but in a long lasting room spray. Just a couple sprays is all you need, so it lasts all year!
3. Bamboo drawer dividers – If you know someone that loves organizing, these are versatile drawer dividers
4. Organic cotton sheets – a clean, crisp classic white set is something everyone will appreciate. I have this set on my own bed.
5. Throw blanket – a neutral throw is a cozy and useful gift. This popular brand is loved for good reason – it’s like a lush, soft cloud! This year I bought a couple to give as gifts.
6. Magnolia cookbook – I got this book as a gift this year and I have loved it. The banana bread is AMAZING (I’ve made it so many times already I think I have the recipe memorized.)
7. Coffee table book – I think coffee table books make a fantastic and elegant gift. Make sure to write a little message inside the cover 🙂 I have this one on our coffee table, among many others (I did a coffee table book gift guide last year!
8. Candle – This is another item I stock up on during the holidays. I have 7 of these in my cabinet right now! Such a great holiday scent of pine and firewood in a gorgeous green. Candles might seem cliche, but if you buy a good quality brand like this I think your recipient will be excited to get them.
9. Candle – I bought this candle in London earlier this year but they also sell it here stateside and the brand is gaining popularity for sure. It’s a gorgeous, moody yet calming scent and I have it in my home office. “Bibliotheque” means “library,” so if you have a bookworm on your gift list, this would be perfect.
10. Dutch oven – A beautiful upgrade to any home. BONUS : put a printout or written card with your favorite soup or chili recipe inside for a thoughtful touch.
11. Round wooden tray – I bought a similar extra large serving tray earlier this year. I love the clean, classic look of this that you could really do so much with it. Wow your hostess by bringing a charcuterie spread on this – and tell her to keep the tray!
12. Mini candle set – I stock up on these, too. They only do sets like these every once in a while, so I highly suggest grabbing one or two. You can also split them into multiple stocking stuffers or mini-hostess gifts!
13. Initial coaster – Anything with a monogram is a great, personalized gift. This is such a beautifully simple design that anyone will love.
14. Tea towel set – these are the towels I use (such a classic pattern) but I also have used the towels themselves to wrap a bottle of olive oil, tie the top with twine or ribbon, and put a few sprigs of pine or rosemary through it. It’s a gift wrap that’s reusable!
15. Pepper mill – I have this one and every time I post a pic of my stovetop area, I get questions about it. That leads me to think there are a lot of people who would love a beautiful pepper mill (I have the salt mill, too!) It’s such a classic item for any cook’s kitchen.
Hope this gift guide gives you an idea for hostess gifts and home decor gifts this year!