I love love love home scents.
I don’t care if that makes me basic – a well-scented home brings me actual joy.
When we moved into this house I told myself I would find a singular signature scent, but with so many beautiful options out there I had a really hard time picking favorites! I was able to narrow it down to a few which I now use based on mood, season, and room.
Here they are :⠀
- Diptique Baies (a classic for a reason. It’s currant. I burn it basically everywhere. I also have the room spray and it lasts FOREVER!)
- Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin (I keep the soap and the diffuser in the guest powder room. Super fresh.)
- Capri Blue Volcano (I especially love this in the summer. Great for the kitchen and main rooms. Lasts forever and come in so many container options.)
- Aquesse French Oak and Currant (discovered this in Laguna Beach a few summers ago and have gone back to buy it ever year. Just found it and its diffuser online! Similar notes as Baies but half the price.)
- Kobo Vetiver and Shaved Vanilla (love this in a bedroom. An earthy, moody scent. If you like Thierry Muglier’s Angel perfume, you might like this.)
- Lavender or Eucalyptus essential oils in a diffuser (for nighttime relaxing or a morning boost. I also spray eucalyptus in the shower to make it feel like a spa.)
I literally could go on and on and on about scents and aromatherapy. I know oils are healthier and I definitely use them and keep air quality in mind – but I’m going to be real guys. I also just like things to smell GOOD and many times that’s going to be found in a good, quality made candle.
S H O P T H E P O S T